Strategic & Financial Goals
Over half of the world’s unbanked population resides in Asia (World Bank 2015). India and South East Asia have a population of around two billion, characterised by a highly entrepreneurial spirit, a strong credit culture and, in many areas, low financial penetration of the banking system. They represent over 200 million creditworthy households and demand customised financial services supporting their businesses.
CreditAccess responds to this strategic opportunity by providing professional and customised financial services to local micro-entrepreneurs in the region, building on strong technological and process innovation. CreditAccess has developed an operational model based on the microfinance group-lending methodology in order to provide high quality financial services to this unbanked sector at low risk and with high levels of efficiency. Since its establishment in 2006, the Company has experienced strong growth in India, Indonesia and the Philippines.
At the end of FY 2016, CreditAccess had a total loan portfolio of around € 360 million with approximately 1.5 million clients. The strategic roadmap of the Company is to expand its operations in existing markets and to set up operations in new geographies within Asia. In the next two years, CreditAccess aims to start up activities in Vietnam and expects to more than double its client base to over three million customers.
CreditAccess’ medium term objective is to expand the range of financial and non-financial services for its key target segment significantly, by leveraging technological and process innovation as well as its unique relationship with its customer base built overtime. CreditAccess envisions achieving the following mediumterm strategic and financial goals:
- Strengthening CreditAccess’ existing positions in India, Indonesia and the Philippines, thereby increasing its customer base to over six million clients in FY 2020.
- Starting up and expanding operations in Vietnam and a potential fifth country before FY 2020.
- Increasing its loan portfolio to € 2.0 billion in 2020 versus the current portfolio of € 360 million.
- Targeting a profitability above 20% on average equity (“RoAE”).
- Listing the Company on a main European or Asian stock market.